SPF - Sprayed Polyurethane Foam Roof Systems by ATeam Coatings
SPF (or Sprayed Polyurethane Foam), is a closed cell roofing and insulation material that both insulates your metal roof and makes it waterproof. Sprayed Polyurethane Foam has the highest R-value of any insulation material thus not only making your roof leak free, but lower energy costs at the same time!
- Seams are the number one source of leaks in ANY roof, and especially with a metal roof. Once your roof is coated with RSF, it is a seamless roof.
- Water can travel laterally in a BUR roof (Built-up roofs with multiple plies of roof felts laminated together with bitumen) or single ply roofs, but does not travel laterally on SPF roofs. A simple leak in the top membrane of a BUR or single ply roof can spread quickly, saturating your insulation and cause multiple other interior leaks. With SPF, even IF a hole is punched through the ENTIRE two inch membrane, water movement is restricted to the puncture and in most cases, can be repaired with only a tube of caulk.
- In most cases, we do not need to remove your old roof in order to apply a new one, as the SPF roof system is very lightweight, fully adhered and permeable. (Sometimes if underlying areas of insulation are saturated there may be some minimal tear off required.)
Life of a Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) Roof SystemThere is no known "life-span" for the SPF Roof System at this point. Generally your roof will last for decades if it is pressure washed and sprayed with a top coat every 15 to 20 years. There are very few signs of deterioration or change in physical properties, even after 30 years.
Concerned about Condensation on the SPF Roofs?Sprayed Polyurethane Foam Roofs provide a continuous air barrier preventing moisture through air leakage, minimizing dew point problems and condensation within the building envelope avoiding thermal bridging, resisting heat movement in all directions and providing reliable performance under varying conditions.
- SPF roof systems can be applied directly over BUR, modified-bitumen, concrete, wood, asphalt shingles, clay tile, and metal.
- Since it adds very little weight (about 8oz. per square foot at 1 inch thick) we can cover your roof with SPF without tearing the old roof off.
- Reduces the load on landfills by not needing to tear off the old roof.
- Also because no tear off is needed, exposing the interior of your building to the elements is eliminated.
Renewable System: Another major advantage in a Sprayed Polyurathane Foam roof system that does not exist with any other roofing system, is the SPF is a renewable system, meaning that while most other roofs must be removed and replaced after their usable lives, SPF roofs can be repaired and recoated to offer an indefinite life expectancy coupled with the energy savings and lower heating costs.
The SPF roofing system maintains a tremendous long term cost efficiency advantage over all other roofing systems.